logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Find by name - experimental patch

From Bernhard Heibler bernhard at heibler.de on Thu Jan 29 20:00:44 GMT 2009

Hi Mark,

thanks for the patch. I just tested your code with my nuvi 360 and the
city search seams to work. I only had to add 2 null pointer checks
otherwise I ran into exceptions. Looks like I have some unnamed cities
in my area. Patch is attached ...

I also did some experiments on the point index city stuff some weeks
ago. I think I was really close but the city search never worked for me.
Maybe I just stopped too early because I checked the effects in
GPSMapEdit and city list was always screwed up. Looks like point index
support is broken in it since "your" maps will also screw up GPSMapEdit
city list.

Anyway I could provide some experimental code which automatically fills
the country, region information at least for areas where OpenGeoDB
information is imported into osm. I think this is only available for
Germany, Austria and Switzerland right now. I also have added
Simple/Complex Housenumber and Phone Support for POIs. I fill in this
information using the Karlsruhe Address Tags.

I think I could send a experimental patch with my changes in the next
days. Have to update my working branch first ...

Thanks
Berni.