logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Wrong_route_calculation / strange straight routing lines on GPS

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Wed Jan 28 22:10:19 GMT 2009

Hi,

making my first steps with mkgmap that, although the routing works fine
in Mapsource, i get in trouble on my Gps unit Garmin gmap60csx. Very
often i got these strange straight magenta routing lines in between
normal routing.
Meanwhile i figured out that it seems to be that t has something to do
with the length of a polyline. I don't know if it is the count of
points/nodes of the polyline or still the lenght or both.
But comparing the same mp-file once compiled with mkgmap, once with
cgpsmapper i see, that cgpsmapper split these long lines during mkgmap
leave them like they are.

some pictures from gps units of other guys you can see here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Mkgmap/routing#Wrong_route_calculation

Gert