logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] tile splitter and utf-8

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Wed Jan 28 20:57:44 GMT 2009

Hi

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:40:19PM +0000, Stefan Schunck wrote:
> I hope this is the correct mailing list for tile splitter also.
> I used tile splitter to split a large osm file, and I got several osm
> files, but the encoding was not utf-8 any more.
> German umlauts were replaced by question marks. Is this the expected behaviour?

No it isn't :)

I recently made a fix for systems where the default character set was not utf-8.  If
you downloaded splitter.jar before about the 19th January then you could be
seeing that bug, and downloading the jar again should help.

In case of caching problems I've created a versioned link:

  http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/splitter/splitter-r17.jar

..Steve