logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Reproducible Problem With Generating gmapsupp.img

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Thu Dec 4 23:13:53 GMT 2008

Hi,

OK so I've taken a quick look at the full germany example and I see that a
corrupted file is created.  The end of the directory in the header is being
overwritten.

However, I don't see that when I take a subset of the files and produce a
file of about 100M.  This may mean that there is an additional problem or
maybe that it is just a more subtle manifestation of the same problem.

So there is clearly a bug, which I will fix when I get a chance.  Hopefully
it is also causing the problem at smaller sizes too.

> I have a problem generating gmapsupp.img. I can reproduce this with some
> simple steps. The file is generated but it doesn't work on GPS units.
> This happens with multiple versions of mkgap. I'm sure I am doing
> something wrong, but I don't know what.

Thanks for reporting this!

..Steve