logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r766: Write more of the *.mp-data.

From Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net on Thu Dec 4 17:58:57 GMT 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 16:31, Alexander Atanasov wrote:
> Links are helpful for fastest route, for shortest may be not.
> Does the routing work in both modes as expected?

The "fastest" routes for cars look fine to me. The shortest routes
are a little strange -- they make obvious detours. Also, the
"Dist To Dest" is too low, I'm getting 15km instead of 17km for an
example here. My guess would be that the arc lengths aren't all quite
right.

(We're not writing proper lengths in NET at all so far, but I don't
think that should be involved in routing. More likely to do with
addressing.)

I'm also noticing that when viewing the route on the map (all my testing
is on a Vista HCx), it doesn't follow curvy segments at low zoom levels,
cutting them straight instead. If I zoom in, the display is corrected.
So probably, there's some curviness data missing.

Bicycle routing on the other hand doesn't look very promising. I'm
not sure what's taken into account there.

Note that there's a bug in osm2mp writing bad permissions, if any of
you want to try this out.

Cheers
Robert