logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Relations and Multiple Tag Parsing Style Rules

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Tue Dec 2 20:49:22 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 01:25:00PM +0100, f.hartmann wrote:
> 1. Is there any possibility to give a different tag to relations?

Tell me if this works.

My plan for relations, is that there is a rule file for relations
that is run before any of the others.

The rules match the tags on the relation, and you can set up
actions to run when the rule matches.  This action will be able to
add tags to each of the ways making up the relation.
You can then match those tags in the normal lines rule file.

Eg something like this:

type = route & route=bicycle
	{ all add route=bicylcle }

This will add the tag route=bicycle on each way in the relation.
You can add more than one tag and also you can use the values
of tags on the relation.

Something like this:

type = route & rcn=* { all add cycle_ref="${ref}" }

(sorry probably not a very good example).

> 2.  Could Multiple Tag parsing be implemented into the style rules somehow?

> Solution: If a way has two tags that are listed in the style file, both
> should be included seperately into the image. By using a .typ file one

Let me see if I understand what you are suggesting.

You want a rule match to cause a copy of the line to be created with a
given type and then allow the line to be subject to further matches in the
rules?  The final result would be a map that contains the same line several
times with a different type?

If so, that may be possible.

..Steve