logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing via .mp

From Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net on Fri Nov 28 16:35:32 GMT 2008

I found two more things:

For one, old versions of mkgmap create a kind of bounding box in each
subdivison, while the current nod-branch doesn't. Could this be
related to roads sometimes not showing up the way they should? I also
found the map displayed better if I added some POIs around the
outsides of the map.

Secondly, the filters may convert MapRoads to MapLines. In particular,
I had this problem with SmoothingFilter. A possible solution would be
to go from

newline = new MapLine(oldline);

to something like

newline = oldline.copy();

If that looks good for you, I can try to make a patch.

Cheers
Robert