logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing via .mp

From Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net on Fri Nov 28 13:44:11 GMT 2008

On Nov 28, 2008, at 10:08, Robert Vollmert wrote:
> Apart from that: LineClipper.clip is called from
> FeatureListConverter.clipAndAddLine. This clips the line and then
> calls FeatureListConverter.addLine for each part, which creates a
> new MapRoad object for such a subline, so each should get its roadId
> and roadDef.

FeatureListConverter is gone now, and StyledConverter doesn't do
roads yet. That's probably where the confusion arose.

So I tried going through polish format (using osm2mp). mkgmap
had a little trouble reading the resulting mp file; I've attached
a patch (including some extra logging statements).

Routing now seems to work, even over the invisible segments. If I
compile with '--net' instead of '--route', the map looks the same
(also missing some segments). If I run it without '--net', the map
is quite strangely broken. Finally, if I run current trunk, the
map is blank.

Cheers
Rob