logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 3byte .typ file support

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Nov 2 02:32:44 GMT 2008

I found out one missing information about the 3byte .typ files.
3 byte typfiles are addes as v2type=XXXXX instead ov type=xx00

I'll confirm this later, but it looks like that if we use v2type=1160d
then garmin handhelds (with typ support) will interprete this line as
Digital Elevation Model DEM. This could be the key to not only see
contour lines, but also have a DEM. See the following articles in
Spanish for more information about it (use google translate if you don't
understand Spanish too well):

http://gpsando.blogspot.com/2008/10/iii-trasteando-de-nuevo-con-el-garmin.html
http://gpsando.blogspot.com/2008/06/trasteando-con-el-garmin-topo-espaa-v3.html
http://gpsando.blogspot.com/2008/09/trasteando-de-nuevo-con-el-garmin-topo.html