logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 3byte .typ file support

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Oct 27 12:48:38 GMT 2008

Well it's the same for the typfile itself, meaning that in the typfile
the definition you have to give is the same for getting it displayed.
I'm not sure whether the data structure in the .img is the same too, but
it could well be. In any case set 0x00 to 0x0000 otherwise the old
definition files won't work. For example
old: polyline|highway|motorway|0x01||10
should then be read as new and will be displayed without typfile:
polyline|highway|motorway|0x01|0x00|10

polyline|highway|newtype|0x01|0x01|10, will however ONLY show up if you
give it a definition in the .typfile. I suppose this could work. Garmin
even uses a 5 digit definition like this in the typfile:
[Polygon]
Type=0x1101d
Draworder=4
String=4,CONIFEROUS FOREST
or
[Polyline]
Type=0x10e0c
String=4,WATERFALL
or
[Polyline]
Type=0x10f00
String=4,BANK

So maybe for Polygons and Polylines their defintion would be accordingly
polygon|natural|CONIFEROUS FOREST|0x11|0x01d|16
polyline|highway|WATERFALL|0x10|0xe0c|10
with even 3 digits in the subtype. Maybe also it doesn't matter how long
the definition can be, the only important thing would be that it is
accordingly attributed in the typfile.
For POI both exists, for example:
[POI]
Type=0x6411